A couple of quick facts for your on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and overtime in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- 49 of the team’s 190 playoff games all-time have gone to overtime (25.8%)
- The Penguins are 29-20 in postseason overtime games.
- The 2016 Atlantic Division Semifinals against the Providence Bruins was the third time in team history that the Penguins won three OT contests in a single series.
- 2001 Western Conference Final against the Hershey Bears (WBS won the series, 4-0)
- 2004 East Division Semifinal against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (WBS won the series, 4-3).
- The series against the Bruins was the fifth time that the deciding game of a Penguins playoff series was decided in overtime:
- 2001 Western Conference Semifinal at Philadelphia (Game Six. WBS won the game, 3-2)
- 2004 East Division Semifinal at Bridgeport (Game Seven. WBS won the game, 3-2)
- 2004 Eastern Conference Final at Hartford (Game Seven. WBS won the game, 2-1)
- 2007 East Division Final at Hershey (Game Five. WBS lost the game, 7-6)
- Game Three at Providence was the seventh multi-overtime game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins history, and the fourth longest game in team history:
- May 7, 2001 – Game Two – Western Conference Finals vs. Hershey. Alexandre Mathieu scores at 15:43 of the second overtime to give the Penguins a 2-1 win (WBS wins series, 4-0)
- April 25, 2005 – Game Three – East Division Semifinals vs. Binghamton. Colby Armstrong scores at 12:26 of the third overtime to give the Penguins a 3-2 win (WBS wins series, 4-2)
- May 4, 2007 – Game Two – East Division Finals at Hershey. Alexandre Giroux scores at 5:57 of the second overtime to give the Bears a 4-3 win (HER wins series, 4-1)
- May 8, 2012 – Game Five – Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. St. John’s. Simon Despres scores at 12:08 of the second overtime to give the Penguins a 3-2 win (STJ wins series, 4-3)
- May 14, 2014 – Game Three – Eastern Conference Semifinals at Providence. Simon Despres scores at 6:32 of the second overtime to give the Penguins a 5-4 win (WBS wins series, 4-3)
- May 6, 2015 – Game One – Eastern Conference Semifinals at Manchester. Zach O’Brien scores at 4:13 of the third overtime to give the Monarchs a 3-2 win (MCH wins series, 4-1)
- April 23, 2016 – Game Three – Atlantic Division Semifinals at Providence. Jake Guentzel scores at 13:52 of the second overtime to give the Penguins a 5-4 win (WBS wins series, 3-0)